A week ago I was on the Central Lakes Trail for a 10 mile bike ride and it was beautiful. In anticipation of more nice weather I decided to order new inline skates. It is cruel that UPS is delivering them today. In a few minutes I am going to shovel the sidewalk leading to my front door. Before I do that and as I watch more snow fall, I am going to provide a quick recap of the active listing status of lake homes (non-association) at some of the most popular lakes in the Alexandria Area.
Earlier today I was at Lake Amelia for a little work and play. I put in my Stand Up Paddleboard at the Public Access at the southwest side of the lake to check out lake home that is for sale so I could give my opinion to someone that is curious about it. Then, I proceeded to paddle around the rest of the lake for some fun.
Heading north was a little more exercise than I was looking for as there was a strong northwest wind as you will see and hear in the video below. It still was an enjoyable time and is easy to see and feel why people like Lake Amelia.
Lake Amelia details:
- 934 acres
- 4 miles northeast of Glenwood, Minnesota
- About a 20-30 minute drive to Alexandria, Minnesota from most locations at the lake
- It is the lower basin in a chain of three lakes (Leven, Villard, and Amelia) forming the headwaters of the East Branch of the Chippewa River. Lake Amelia is larger, deeper and less fertile than Lake Villard and Lake Leven. [source: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources]
- It is the deepest lake (maximum depth of 69 feet) in Pope County and ranks second out of eighteen lakes in terms of water quality parameters monitored by the Pope County Coalition of Lake Associations. Secchi disk transparency averages ten feet during summer months. Lake Leven and Lake Villard likely act as sediment and nutrient sinks and minimize pollutants in surface water entering Lake Amelia. [source: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources]
The winter that just refused to go away didn’t dampen the lakefront market at all so far this May. Without giving details (per MLS rules), here is a list of the lake homes that have gone into escrow this month and the list prices at that time.
- a Lake Darling home listed for sale at $925,000
- a Maple Lake home listed for sale at $500,000
- a Lake Darling home listed for sale at $419,000
- a Lake Darling home listed for sale at $375,900
- a Lake Geneva home listed for sale at $369,900
- a Mill Lake home listed for sale at $364,900
- a Lake Mary home listed for sale at $325,000
- a Lake Ida home listed for sale at $319,000
- a Lake Miltona home listed for sale at $269,900
- a Lake Union home listed for sale at $239,000
- a Lake Winona home listed for sale at $199,900
- a Lake Minnewaska home listed for sale at $189,000
- a Lake Amelia home listed for sale at $189,000
- a Lake Vermont home listed for sale at $179,900
- a Lake Irene home listed for sale at $169,000